Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LOST ADMIN PASSWORD

• Please log in to reply

steve1964

steve1964

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello im having problems logging into my laptop..my sister passed in june and i got her laptop its an ACER 3680 with vista home basic. I dont know what her pass was and i cant do a thing with this pc till i figure something out i dont want to reformatt because she has photos of her on it and dont want to loose them all i have of her..any help appreciated thanks steve

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi steve1964...

I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my sister not too long ago, too.

We can't help you with the password problem as it's against our Terms of Use to help in breeching system security. However, I can tell you that if you remove the hard drive, put it in an external enclosure, and connect it to another machine, you may be able to recover the photographs of your sister.

You will likely need a 2.5" enclosure like one of These.

To use the machine, you'll have to format and reinstall the operating system...unless you can find someone who knows the password.

wannabe1