Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE wont work

• Please log in to reply

rstnmart

rstnmart

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have been trying to access internet explorer for the past week. I had been using a wireless connection. I would open the browser and it would display the typical error message "page not found". When I turn off the fire wall it works fine. I have went into the settings and allowed IE through the fire wall but when I turn it on it still doesn't work. So today I just installed qwest dsl and it came with windows live one care. I installed everything correctly and still same situation. I am stuck! please help?

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Evidently a firewall setting. You don't say which firewall, but if your referring to the Windows Firewall, you might have better success with a free firewall and disabling the Windows one. Plus, any third-party firewall is better and safer than that one. I'm using the free Zonealarm now and IE works fine. Get it here:
http://www.zonealarm.../comparison.jsp