Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME and windows wont staart

• Please log in to reply

Darrace

Darrace

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i was on getting on my computer and windows was starting on my laptop and the cord came out so i plugged it back up and windows would not start.i tried safe mode but that wouldn't work. so can someone help me.every time windows tries to load a blue screen comes up and it says UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

Advertisements

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
What cord are we talking about exactly? Also you might have accidentally misplaced the laptop hard drive out of its original spot so try and remove it then put it back in.

Soorena

Darrace

Darrace

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
its only one power cord. how do i do that?

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Every laptop is different but most of them have a tray that has the hard drive in it which is held by screws. Remove this tray and put it back in, this should fix the improperly placed hard drive if thats the case. Also if you have a Windows CD put it in and choose install windows. Select the original partition which windows was installed in and when it asks you to format say leave partition tact which won't reformat your but will do a disk check. Once the computer restarts take the cd out and it should load up properly.

Soorena