Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LifeCam VX-6000

• Please log in to reply

nafets_888

nafets_888

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I successfully installed the software for LifeCam VX-6000 on an XP computer and it operates well on it's own. However when I try to do a video conference with someone we are unable to get the cam to work. I've used Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo Messenger and AIM. None of these have provided a successful video hook up. Each IM software sees the camera when I go through the settings but I can't seem to get it to come to life in conference. Any help would be much appreciated. Many Thanks.

Advertisements

nafets_888

nafets_888

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

mazuk

mazuk

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
This could depend on a few things;

*Firstly, are you both using the same version of IM? as simple as this sounds this could actually be a problem

*Are you or the other user having high network usage, if so this could be slowing down the speed in which the devices connect to the everything and the speed in which the image is produced.

*Install the latest drivers on both devices