Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

double folders

• Please log in to reply

johannly

johannly

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
hi
i partitioned my hard drive, i moved user folders to my new partition n everything was ok (well actually only copied them)
but all of a sudden documents n contacts folder appear twice, when i try to delete the one that is not blue
it doesnt let me n well i havent tried to delete the other one, i have been able to delete it moving the
documents that r inside to the normal one, then delete it, but it appears again

i attach n image of how my user looks now,
could some one plse b so kind n help me solve it
thx :) johannly.jpg

Edited by johannly, 21 November 2007 - 02:25 AM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
The mistake you made was to copy the folders across to the new Vista installation. Vista creates the user folders automatically, so what you should have done is only copy the 'contents' of those folders across to the corresponding folders in the new Vista partition.
I think you are now probably trying to delete the wrong pair of folders and that's why they keep re-appearing.

Make sure all your files are inside the yellow 'documents' and 'contacts' folders first (copy files across from the blue folders if necessary to give you a complete set of files in each yellow folder, with none missing), then see if the blue 'contacts' and 'documents' folders will delete.

johannly

johannly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

The mistake you made was to copy the folders across to the new Vista installation. Vista creates the user folders automatically, so what you should have done is only copy the 'contents' of those folders across to the corresponding folders in the new Vista partition.

i didnt install vista, so i dnt think i did that, i copied the folders vista created in my user to my new partition
i looked on the internet how to move my folders n well they said was only to copy them, n it worked
they work just fine, the only i dunno is why contacts n documents r 2 times,
the folders i was trying to delete r the yellow ones, cuz r the new, n have few files, instead the blue ones
have more things

what shall i do then ?
thx for ur help u r really kind :)