Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

connection gets stuck "Acquiring IP Address" SP2

• Please log in to reply

regulator

regulator

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
I get the message "Acquiring Network IP Address" after installing XP SP2, regardless of whether I use wireless, usb or Ethernet from the router. Any ideas? I tried a "solution" from another forum http://www.pchell.co...nectivity.shtml

however still no luck. Any thoughts?

Advertisements

splintax

splintax

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
I don't think that this page represents your problem, sounds like a DHCP problem in the router to me.

I suggest you hard-reboot the router (rip out the plug and plug it in again after 10 minutes) and then update its firmware.. and always try to get Ethernet connection working before trying anything else..

regulator

regulator

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
I am sure its something to do with SP2 as the net works fine when i restore the comp back to SP1a. I have tried rebooting the router when SP2 is installed however, no luck :tazz: