Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Usernames & Passwords

• Please log in to reply

Aussie101

Aussie101

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi all, I am using Firefox browser and have all my favorite bookmarks all setup so i normally just click on them and i am already logged in, but as i share the PC sometimes i go to do that and find that i have to re enter all my user names and passwords to my favorite forums, which is a real pain.
So, can someone advise me how i could save them some how and re enter them an easier way, so i don't have to go through all that re entering stuff again.
thanks for any advise.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Not very secure doing it that way, but if you have to re-enter all the information you might want to check:

FF's:
1) Tools/Options/Privacy tab and make sure you have cookies set to keep until expired. Alternate, if you can stand it, is to turn on always ask. :)
2) Same tab, Private Data and either uncheck the box to always clear private data or keep checked and look at what boxes are checked under Settings button.

I recommend using RoboForm. Worth every penny. Free use is limited to 10 sites. On sale now for Black Friday.

Ron

Aussie101

Aussie101

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Not very secure doing it that way, but if you have to re-enter all the information you might want to check:

FF's:
1) Tools/Options/Privacy tab and make sure you have cookies set to keep until expired. Alternate, if you can stand it, is to turn on always ask. :)
2) Same tab, Private Data and either uncheck the box to always clear private data or keep checked and look at what boxes are checked under Settings button.

I recommend using RoboForm. Worth every penny. Free use is limited to 10 sites. On sale now for Black Friday.

Ron

Thanks a lot Ron, i didn't even know there was a program like that, much appreciated
thanks again

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You're very welcome. If you use Firefox as your browser, RoboForm will install to it and IE. So nice to be able to just keep a backup of the sites and passwords on a thumbdrive. Roboform will also import your favorites from FF and IE. You can set up a master password for all or selected sites, set a secure credit/banking info card so you don't have to worry about keyloggers and more. It has a password generator with options. Will fill the new password blanks on a page so you never type them. You can set up a false ID for those sites you don't want to give personal info to using an Internet name and the email addy you want for these sites. Just click the ID and it will fill the form. As I said, well worth the money.

Have a good weekend.

Ron