Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Brightness Problem with LCD Screen

• Please log in to reply

A Train

A Train

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
I got given a monitor from a friend who said it was broken and after he braught a new one he wanted to get rid of it. The problem is the screen apears really bright, and even when the setting of the monitor are set to 0 (Brightness & Contrast) it looks as if its set to both 100 and then some more. Now to control this I have been able to turn my grahpics card settings down and this controls the brightness levels but the image does not look real. Its hard to explain.

Example, when playing counterstrike and you move the mouse from side to side its like a ghost effect where what you see is blurred over a series of frames and not clear.

Anybody got anything?
Ta

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Check which ICM colour profile the monitor is set up to use in Windows Control Panel->Display->Advanced tab->Colour Management tab. Set it to 'sRGB' and see what effect that has.
You could also check the monitor manufacturer's website for a colour profile for that model.

If still no good the monitor is probably broken internally and repair is not a viable option - too expensive and still no guarantee it will fix the problem.

Edited by pip22, 25 November 2007 - 05:44 AM.