Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

xp pro or vista?

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Within the next few weeks hopefully i will be buying a new laptop.Im noticing alotta the new laptops come with Vista.Ive been using XP Pro & im very comfortable with it.
Ive heard that Vista really isnt all that & actually alotta people perfer XP over Vista.
I photoshop alot.& iv also heard that Photoshop CS2 has some issues with Vista.So that turns me off of Vista as well.
Heres wha I use my laptop for:24/7 MySpacing,& when Im not doing that I search the web for images I can use Photoshop to manipulate.I have started a small online graphic business((((so small Ive yet to have my 1st customer)))
But i dont watch videos or download music nor do i do any online gaming.
So basically my question is:
Whats better suited for my needs,XP or Vista?

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Hi there brucebrucethedog

This is mainly a decision you have to make. To help you decide which version of the OS is better suited for your needs, have a look at these links.

I hope that helps clear things up a bit.

Slikkie :)