Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

temperature info please

• Please log in to reply

grahame10

grahame10

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hi just took delivery of a new computer and was worried about the temteratures this is a rough diagram

FAN 1=1788rpm
FAN 2=0
FAN 3=2122rpm
FAN 4=0

TEMP 1=17c
TEMP 2=23c
Temp 3=75c

HDO =35c
CORE 0=20c
CORE 1=20c

The one worrying me is TEMP 3 at 75c, On startup it starts at around 50-55c then creeps up over the next couple of hours, then it seems to stablelize at around 75-77 is this about right or should I get on to customer support at £1 min
Thanks for any help you can give me. :)

Grahame

Ps Sorry if this is in the wrong forum if so please advise and post in the appropiate forum, Grahame

Edited by grahame10, 25 November 2007 - 10:05 PM.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Download Everest from my list of programs and run it on Computer > Sensor. Write down CPU, HD and motherboard temperatures. In you present report there are abstract temperatures which cannot be relate to specific hardware. Correct me if I am wrong but this looks like Speedfan report.

grahame10

grahame10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hi Skeptic downloaded everest but can't find anywhere on the program where it gives the temperature to the CPU/HD/MOTHERBOARD , I can't make head or tails of it and yes it was a read out of speedfan,

Thanks Grahame

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Run Everest. Click on Computer in the lefthandside menu. On the right side click Sensor. Wait few seconds for the data to load up. Almost at the data page you will find the required temperatures.

grahame10

grahame10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hi Skeptic all it says is

senser type hdd
temperatures
sagate st325062as 35c (95f)

Grahame

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
That's strange. I haven't seen a case in which Speedfan got a reading and Everest didn't. Another option is to enter BIOS:

Boot the computer and enter into the BIOS tables by repeatedly tapping the del or F2 keys. Sometimes it's another key. If you do not succeed, please press the Pause key as soon as you see the first boot screen. Read and follow the instructions about how to enter Setup.

When entering the BIOS tables look for a menu that contains data about the present state of the computer, sometimes called Hardware Monitor, Computer Health ot something of a similar nature. Let the computer run in BIOS for about 10 minutes and report cpu, HD and motherboard temperatures. You may not have all the variables, and in some computers (Dell, for example) you will have nothing at all. Please write down what you see.

grahame10

grahame10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hello again Skeptic, done what you asked here it is

CPU 23c/73f

System temp 24c/75f

everest HDD 35c/95f

Was i bit scared going int the Bios but got there thanks, :)

Grahame

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
All looks fine.

grahame10

grahame10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Thanks Skeptic
Thats put my mind at ease sorry did'nt reply earlier, Thanks again for your help. :)

Grahame

p.s And saved me a £1min to customer support

Edited by grahame10, 27 November 2007 - 04:48 PM.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
My pleasure.