Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

white box, with black glowing whenever i need somthing to do with inte

• Please log in to reply

fix23

fix23

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
ok well ever since my internet flash or java or somthing is totally messed on internet explorer, i converted to firefox, except i still need internet for some programs. and i cant uninstall it.

so say im opening up Google sketchup, a page pops up with internet explrer required, but i just see a blank box with a huge black glow around it, and i cant press X or close it or anything. i keep on pressing close and then it eventually says somthing like...

this page has an error
url:
code:
error:

ect//

Wuld you like to continue? Yes, or No?

and i select yes. or no, and it doenst do anything. im so mad

can somone tell him how to fix this, or make firefox my default launcher for these things? thanks

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If a website says "Internet Explorer is required" (especially true for Microsoft Update website and many others), it usually means the website is making use of a Microsoft technology called 'ActiveX' which Firefox, Netscape, Opera, etc. don't understand. Internet Explorer does understand it.

If your are running XP with SP2 installed, you can update IE6 to IE7 which may fix the problem:
http://www.microsoft...e/getitnow.mspx

Edited by pip22, 27 November 2007 - 04:17 AM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
if your already running IE 7 try uninstalling it...it just rolls it back to IE 6...
if you still are having problems try getting IE 6 from here and reinstall it....

Edited by happyrck, 27 November 2007 - 08:00 AM.