Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

media direct post

• Please log in to reply

gmo2893

gmo2893

• Pip
  • 9 posts
i have a dell inspiron 6000, with xp mce on it, and it works fine and i have no serious problems so i dont need any help.
but i have a question about the bios. when i turn the computer on with the ON/OFF button it comes up with the standard dell POST screen.#
But if i push the PLAY/PAUSE media button on the front, itcomes up with a completly different post screen. it say dell media direct, and its got all fancy like graphics.

so i just wondered, why it has two different post screens?

Advertisements

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Hi,

This is an interesting feature (some would call it a bug) called Dell MediaDirect. You can find out more at support.dell.com.

Dell MediaDirect is a feature that is available in Dell notebook computers. MediaDirect provides quick access to multimedia and other content that is stored on the computer and on devices that are attached to the computer. MediaDirect provides "instant on" access to multimedia.

Edited by The Admiral, 27 November 2007 - 02:26 PM.

gmo2893

gmo2893

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
thats the strange thing, i have never had media direct on my computer. it was second hand though so the media direct partion might have been removed by the previous owner (but i did also always think that media direct was an app not an os)