Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

please could someone help

• Please log in to reply

diane118

diane118

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi please could some one help me with my Window xp Media Center Dell computer i have a Dell Dimension DV051 xp media center version 2002 computer. I watch tv with a ntl (virgin now) the Dell has a hauppauge win tv pvr pc111(26xxx)ever since i have had this computer the live tv and the recorded tv have not been that good quality with a couple of the tv channels having red bloches on the screen this can happen all the while i watch and recored progams, or some times it can be ok with no redness, or it could come and go during the time i watch and record tv on my computer. I have not been happy with this for a long time, a few weeks ago we went digital with a new box from NTL and since then the picture quality has got worse. I would like to add that we have a new recordable DVD player and on that when we record programs the picture quality is poor too. Best Regards Diane

Advertisements

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts

To run the TV Configuration Wizard in Windows XP Media Center 2005, follow these directions:

Open the Media Center Application, by pressing the green Media Center button on the remote or clicking the icon on your screen.
Click Settings, choose General, and select Media Center Setup.
Click Setup TV Signal.
Click Next.
Ensure the Region Settings are correct, then click inside the radio button that starts with Yes, and choose Next.
If necessary, click Next again.
Ensure that all necessary video sources are powered on correctly and cabled correctly.
Select the option titled Configure my TV Signal automatically (recommended).
Click Yes after verifying that the TV Signal was detected and configured correctly.
Select Yes, and click Next, to continue setting up the Program Guide.
Choose I Agree after reading the contents, then Next, to agree to the License Agreement.
Enter the Zip Code where the system is located, then click Next twice.
Take special care to select the correct TV Signal Provider from the list, then choose Next.

If this doesn't work for you, I need to know how you have your set-top box plugged in to your tuner: S-Video, CATV, or Composite RCA? Go ahead and unplug both ends of the cable and look for damage to the pins. This is a likely cause for your issue.

Let me know if it doesn't work and we can keep working on your issue! :)

diane118

diane118

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
hi thanks for your help i have done what you said many times but just the same i am not sure what you mean by a set top box i conect my computer to a booster box that has 2 portable tellys plugged into it as well they recieve an anaolog signal from ntls cable the same as my computer does is the cable that i connect to the one that is in the booster boxyou want to know about? we have the other end is in my computer thanks Diane