Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I Need Help Finding A Laptop Video Card.

• Please log in to reply

Jussen-8.F

Jussen-8.F

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi there I have been having a problem finding a video card for my laptop. The card I am looking for is a nVIDIA GeForce Go 6800 if anyone can help me find one or give me a link to one it will be very helpful to me.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
Im not an expert when it comes to laptop hardware but im pretty sure you cant buy these as individual units at a consumer level (im pretty sure most of them are integrated into/onto the motherboard even if they are "dedicated" chips).

In short - You cant.

Jussen-8.F

Jussen-8.F

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Dell.com sells them ($320.00) too expensive for me

You can buy them I just want one under $250.00

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Do you wish to upgrade your laptop GPU, if so, as other members have already stated you cannot do this. Upgrading your GPU is not as simple as doing so in a desktop computer, there are many factors to consider and very few models that you can infact upgrade.
James

Edited by james_8970, 28 November 2007 - 07:48 PM.

Jussen-8.F

Jussen-8.F

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I intend to replace the motherboard as well I got some help from the dell tech support and they said that I can replace it by simply replacing the motherboard it ships with.

The new graphics card from dell comes with a motherboard and all I have to do is replace that.

I am taking it to a reapair shop to have it done.

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
let us know how it goes:)

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
As long as someone certified to do this work is doing it, there should be no issues. Anyone non certified attempting to do this themselves could run into a brick wall pretty quickly.
Jame

Edited by james_8970, 29 November 2007 - 12:11 PM.

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
dont i know it..i used to work in a small computer store when i was younger, i didnt even need to have any qualifications and they had me inside computers...be careful where you take it.

Jussen-8.F

Jussen-8.F

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
My dads freind can do it he has worked on laptops and desktops for about 12 years.

If he cant I will take it to the repair shop in town.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Well then that changes everything :)
Good luck on the upgrade.
James