Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to play video clips

• Please log in to reply

mrblue

mrblue

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Hi there

I recently upgraded to Real Player 11, and to the latest Windows Media Player, after downloading some software so that I could watch Satellite TV and download films. Now existing clips that could previously play came up with an error message.

I downloaded VLC Media Player as suggested by Kelvin in another thread, and now the pre-existing clips DO play, but without sound!! VLC Media Player also successfully plays films perfectly that WMP and Real Player couldn't (mpeg4 files).

So VLC Media Player has ALMOST solved the problem. The clips that it now plays without sound were downloaded from my mobile phone.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Advertisements

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
try downloading and installing the full K-Lite Codec pack. there are 3 versions you can get, basic, standard, full, I'd just get the full.

K-Lite Codec pack download page

hope this helps

mrblue

mrblue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Viprxx

I downloaded the full codec suite you suggested. The VLC media player still plays the clips with no audio, however, the codec suite comes with its own player, which works absolutely fine.

So, out of the 4 players I have, Windows Media Player, Real Player, VLC and the new K-Lite Codec Media Player Classic, the latter is the only one which works 100%.

So, problem solved.

Many thanks.

Scarecroweb

Scarecroweb

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Good that it worked out for you

BUT since these other players should be able to play them aswell and dont, your problem is still there, so I just wish someone could find a solution so that everything works for you..