Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

slow downloads

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

BTPH

BTPH

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
lately (quotes comic book guy) "this highspeed connection is intolerably slow" ive got a cable modem, and ive only done half of my download limit yet the fastest ive been able to dl on shareazzaa is 360b (not kb but b!!!) and its not better newhere else, limewire winmx even ircspy.com downloads have been slow, wot can i do?

Advertisements

Comnir

Comnir

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
Are you talking about all kinds of downloads, meaning not just P2P?

markedmanner

markedmanner

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
If its only on P2P it could be slow just because your downloading from someone with a dialup connection or they have limited there bandwidth

BTPH

BTPH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
its only with p2p downloads

and i have thought of that (downloading from dialup) but even with dialup conectsions you get faster downloads than that, and its not as if ive been downloading rare files some of them are very common, files that most people would have, so im sure it cant be the only people im downloading off are dialup

Chaos_Marine

Chaos_Marine

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Have you run spybot search and destroy or AVG to see if you have gain or gator running on your mechine? :tazz:

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Some ISPs throttle ports used by P2P applications.

But if you say other downloads outside of P2P are slow as well, could be an isue somewhere else.

Try changing your filters. I've just had three days of crap speeds, changed a filter and back to normal.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
This topic has been closed as Geeks To Go no longer provides assistance for P2P Applications