Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

using my name

• Please log in to reply

theoneredrose

theoneredrose

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi. Someone has been breaking into my e-mail account and also using my name on various websites. I have found out their IP address but I do not know how to find out who this person is. If you know how to do this. Will you please respond.

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
have u tried changing passwords?

theoneredrose

theoneredrose

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes I have changed my password. It still happened. And I haven't told anyone my password. But I no longer have the IP address to the computer...

Edited by theoneredrose, 05 June 2004 - 03:31 PM.

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
are these accounts important to you, or contain any personal information...are u running a firewall?

theoneredrose

theoneredrose

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
The account is my e-mail account. Personally I don't want anyone reading those. My computer is coming through a wireless router that is suppose to have a firewall though. I just don't understand how they can get into my account without changing my password.

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
well first why dont you check your firewall and make sure its on its highest setting, then after if that doesnt work, we might be able to set up a PoP account so u can get a new email address but all your old mail from the old address will come to the new one <_<