Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing Folder/Document

• Please log in to reply

JaMoniJones

JaMoniJones

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hello, I am encountering a slight problem. Inside of my documents I had a folder called “writing center help.” Inside that folder there were several important ms word documents. Earlier today I was going through deleting unnecessary files. While I was doing this every 10 minutes I emptied out my recycle bin. In the mist of this I think I deleted my “writing center help” folder that contained my ms documents. I downloaded a few file recovery programs in hopes to locate my folder. They seemed to find all other documents that I deleted today besides my folder. Again im not sure that I deleted the folder but I think I did. Is there any way that I can retrieve my documents? They are very importing. I also searched for the files from the start button on my computer. I am running xp operating systems.

Advertisements

Gazah

Gazah

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
well if you deleted them its pretty much gone, you could try a simple system restore i don't know this will work but you can try.

To do this Start, Control Panel, System then click System Restore so just change it back to like a week ago and it should be perfect, i hope this helped.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
system restore only effects system files...not documents that you save or any other files of that nature

if you've tried various file restore programs and you still haven't been able to find the deleted folder (but you did find other things deleted on the same day)...then either you didn't really delete the folder (do a file search for a document that you know was in that folder) or it's now unrecoverable

Gazah

Gazah

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Ohh okay like i said i don't know if it would work, but if they where really important shouldn't you back them up like make more then one folder and have it on ex MP3 player or memory stick, it kinda makes sense if you have a very important file you need to look after.