Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cpu running at 100% with nothing open

• Please log in to reply

Timm21

Timm21

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My daughter's computer is running while no programs are open. I checked in task manager and nothing is open and then I looked in Processes and something called iexplore.exe is running and using a lot of power. I deleted it and yet when i reboot it's back. I ran spy bot and another spy program and killed lots of stuff but it's still running at 100%. I searched in files and can't find that file anywhere.

I see that other people have posted similar questions but i don't understand any of the answers. Can you give me the really, really, simple version of what to do?

Advertisements

cobhcf

cobhcf

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
iexplore.exe is Internet explorer. That shuldnt be the problem. Anyway, post a Hijack this log at the Malware section. We can see whatz wrong. Anyway, in the mean time,
1) get Adware or Pestpatrol and run a spyware check on ur computer.
2) And also what antivirus do u use?. If u have one, run a virus check also.
3) go to start menu, programs, accessories, system tools and run disk cleanup. Select your C: drive from the list. This deletes all unneccessary temporary files and cookies from ur computer
4) go to start menu, programs, accessories, system tools and run disk defragmenter. Select ur c: drive. This arranges all data in ur drive so, it helps programs run faster.
5) post a hijack this log in the malware section

Cheers! :tazz: