Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i can't post sometimes

• Please log in to reply

annabackwards

annabackwards

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
The post box is just white and so is the preview box as though i have typed nothing to post.

I have cleared my cache and cookies and even swapping browsers.

Has anyone else experienced this?

It is apparently only happening when i copy and paste text, but i can actually post when i only type in text.

Maybe it'll be nice and work for a while so i can reply :)

Edited by annabackwards, 04 December 2007 - 02:33 AM.

Advertisements

RatHat

RatHat

Ex Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 7,829 posts
anna,

There is a post bug that sometimes affects the forum. One way that I find works in getting around it is to follow these steps before posting:
  • Preview every post
  • If the preview shows up blank add a line to the top of your post and wrap it in "Quote" tags
  • Preview again, 99% of the time, this will now show in the preview and will post properly
  • For the other 1% of the time, copy your post to Notepad, and come back in half an hour
Hope this helps,
RatHat

annabackwards

annabackwards

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
Thanks for the advice. Everything seems to work now, but i'll be sure to try that if it ever happens again. :)

RatHat

RatHat

Ex Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 7,829 posts
I have just had the post bug problem again when replying to a user. The reason I found was that I had missed a closing quote tag in my post. So if you have the same problem, check that all your formatting tags are properly closed also.

Regards,
RatHat

annabackwards

annabackwards

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
Will keep that advice in mind, thanks!