Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keep Losing Sound On Laptop

• Please log in to reply

HenriB

HenriB

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,
I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop 5150...I've been experiencing problems with my audio (speakers)..When I boot up every morning, my speakers work fine..but after about 30 minutes..I get no sound out of my speakers at all...When I plug in my headphones I do get sound..but not out of my speakers...

Then I'll reboot....and guess what?...My laptop speakers work again for about 20 to 30 minutes..After that..they die and I'm without sound..
I bewildered..I've done virus and spyware checks..Everything seems fine...

Can anyone out there help me?
Thanks..
Henri

Advertisements

annabackwards

annabackwards

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
It is the actual hardware that is most probably the culprit, as i don't think it is a driver issue and i doubt malware has anything to do with mucking up sound in that way.

Have you by any chance dropped the laptop or spilled some sort on liquid on it? I know i have don both and it has lead me to a similar predicament where my screen would go blank every now and again after a while.