Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ethernet Testing

• Please log in to reply

Biiru

Biiru

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
All,

I am looking for software to do IP and Ethernet testing. I need a tool that acts as an ethernet bridge on my network to test network applications. I am looking for something that will emulate network error conditions like packet loss, delay and bandwidth restraints. If anyone out there knows of such an application please let me know. Since my project has limited funds I am looking for something like shareware, freeware or a GNU General Public License (GPL).

Thanks in advance.

Biiru

Advertisements

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
"I am looking for something that will emulate network error conditions like packet loss, delay and bandwidth restraints."

Have you tried Comcast?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Have you checked the Sourceforge site?

Biiru

Biiru

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
98springer,

Good one.

I found a couple of items on Sourceforge but they were both old and the last item I could find that showed any updates were about 3 years ago. I downloaded them and have been playing with them but they are not quite what I need.

I was hoping someone one the boards had heard of something more up to date.