Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Converting Protected m4p to mp3

• Please log in to reply

PleaseHelpMeNowINeedIt

PleaseHelpMeNowINeedIt

• Pip
  • 4 posts
What free or pay programs can I use to convert the protected m4p's from Apple iTunes to an mp3 so that I can play music through Windows Media Center. Thanks so much!

Churchie

Advertisements

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
It is protected by DRM, therefore I don't think it is legal to actually take the DRM away and convert it into an MP3. My opinion.

PleaseHelpMeNowINeedIt

PleaseHelpMeNowINeedIt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
But iTunes made it so when you copy a CD you can stick it back in your computer and convert it to mp3, my only problem is I want to do my whole library, over 1300 songs.

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Oh. Ok then. Found a freeware converter that you can try out. Luckily I've had recent experiences where I chose a shareware one (which gave me only 5 converts per run) which really, was crap.

http://www.download.....html?tag=lst-5

Try this out, and if it works, tell me. :)

~Kelvin

My.Mission

My.Mission

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
You can try and convert all you want...but i have yet to figure it out. For this reason, i don't like itunes anymore. I really wanted these songs on my mp3 player...but apple's gotta be all like "we hate our competitors, we don't like to share." So yeaa. lol.