Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Getting found new hardware on startup erroneously

• Please log in to reply

goumada

goumada

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Running WinXP on a HP laptop. I get the message "Found New Video Controller" right after the desktop comes up. I do not have a new video controller... How can I make this message go away?

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
Go into the Control Panel, open System, and then click on the Hardware tab. Next, click the button that says Device Manager. In the device manager, find the icon that a yellow symbol on it. Right click on the item and go to "Update Driver". It will probably ask to connect to windows update, bypass this for now. When prompted to install the software automatically, click next and let the wizard do it's thing. If this fails, let me know and we'll go from there.