Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

random lockups while gaming

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
i was playing a little warcraft 3 today, but in the middle of the game, everything just locks up, and then the screen flickers twice and i see myself back in the game. this happened every 5 minutes or so, really annoying, and its never happened to me before.
my video card is radeon 9200

any suggestions?

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,813 posts
First, check to make sure that your computer is virus and spyware free. I'd suggest rebooting into safe mode and run the scans.

See this post: http://www.geekstogo...Log-t2852.htmll

The other thing that it could be is that it is overheating. If you have a desktop, open the side of the computer and blow it out with some compressed air and maybe place a fan so that it blows air into your computer. If you have a laptop, try to elevate it from the surface to get some airflow under it.