Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help... Worm?

• Please log in to reply

Infliction

Infliction

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm having serious issues here... Sorry I'm unable to post a hijack this log because one of the side effects is i cant install programs (or download them half the time)... I'm unable to open regedit or task manager and my internet is constantly sending and receiving a lot of information, and my firewall isn't able to stop that... The only program i have that can check this thing on my comp is adaware and that didnt pick up anything. I'm unable to go through windows update or do almost anything to fix it... anyone have any ideas for me? :tazz:

i did some searching on the subject and i believe my worm is rbot-sw... some of the files that i removed already were cosine.exe and some others i cant remember. but more of these files keep popping up and eating up my internet connection and all of the above... HELP!

Edited by Infliction, 19 April 2005 - 04:13 AM.

Advertisements

Infliction

Infliction

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
bump... despite all my searchings tonight i cannot find any leads or anything on removal of the rbot-sw worm... i cant even deter it anymore because i cant open task manager... please help its driving me insane