Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

7900GS + Samsung 930B LCD

• Please log in to reply

gambLe1109

gambLe1109

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Ok, so my XFX GeForce 7900GS arrived yesterday, and so far the results are pretty good as far as performance goes, nice frame rates. However, it has left a blur on my screen. It seems to be in patches on the screen, because if i move text around I can see that it blurs in different vertical lines, but in general, the whole screen looks blurry. When I bump the hertz of the monitor down to 60Hz it seems to fix, but when I use my usual 75Hz I see this blur. Why is this happening? I have updated the drivers, and actually tried 3 different kinds of drivers to make sure it wasn't a driver problem, with all the same result. Help!

Thanks!

EDIT: The blur is only present on 75Hz, I have tried 60Hz, 70Hz, and 72Hz, and there is no blur. Why does the screen appear blurrier only on 75Hz?

Edited by gambLe1109, 07 December 2007 - 06:02 PM.

Advertisements

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Higher hz = higher strain on your monitor.

Seeming as your monitor is already 2 years++ old (correct me if I'm wrong) I think there may be a compatibility issue with both of them..

Try updating DirectX. It wouldn't be the driver problem since you've already tried.

~Kelvin

gambLe1109

gambLe1109

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Compatibility issue? Really? The video card isn't that new though, the 7900GS probably came out close to 2 years ago.

EDIT: Just updated DirectX and still no luck.

Edited by gambLe1109, 08 December 2007 - 01:09 AM.

gambLe1109

gambLe1109

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Could it be that it's connected to a 300W power supply at the moment? I have a Silverstone 500W PSU on the way from NCIX, but until that gets here I'm using this 300W PSU that came with an HP computer. Could it be that the video card is simply not getting enough power to run at 75Hz?

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
it might just be your monitor. according to the monitors user manual the best refresh rate to use with it is 60hz with screen resolution of 1280 X 1024. only other thing you could try is to set the refresh rate on the pc then press the auto adjust button on the monitor itself or just keep the refresh rate set to 60 hz.

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Could it be that it's connected to a 300W power supply at the moment? I have a Silverstone 500W PSU on the way from NCIX, but until that gets here I'm using this 300W PSU that came with an HP computer. Could it be that the video card is simply not getting enough power to run at 75Hz?

Could be. Try considering Vipr's post too, as he seems to know a bit about your monitor.

~Kelvin