Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer isn't sending out sounds from my speakers

• Please log in to reply

Geminito

Geminito

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Last Sunday I was listening to some music on my computer, when my audio manager all of a sudden started acting funny. So I click on it to see whats going on and it tells me that a jack has been plugged in and then before I could do anything it stated that it had been unplugged. As far as the plug ins go, I have only one and it's a plug with the sea green/off green which for the longest time I've had plugged into the front of my computer. I saw a topic with very much the same issue, only that when I ran dxdiag it claimed that nothing was wrong. For about 3 days now, my computer has stopped telling me that things have been randomly plugged/unplugged. Which is odd because when I took the plug out, it still told me for some odd reason that something had been plugged in, then shortly after telling me it told me the same plug had been unplugged. I don't think my computer is registering something, but for the longest time I've had no issue like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance for any help. :)

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Hi Gemenito. First you need to check that all is well in the Windows 'Device Manager' (in Control Panel). If there are any items shown in there with an exclamation mark or question mark next to it, please tell us what they are.

Geminito

Geminito

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Everything seems to be in the green as far as I can tell. Checked them all and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I still have no sound though, I think it may be my computer itself. For a while now it just doesn't register that I have speakers plugged in.

Edited by Geminito, 09 December 2007 - 05:09 PM.