Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MAXTOR 3200 external harddrive Probs

• Please log in to reply

popeye67

popeye67

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I bought this harddrive last year and it worked fine for a few weeks. I started to have problems oneday with it beeping and sounding like harddrive making a funny noise. I went to the seagate site and looked through everything posible (troubleshoot). The only thing is that my pc reads it there but theres no way of getting into the drive. Also checked the firewall. clicking on my computer and not seeing the drive there is pissing me off. :)
Got C, D, E, F, but where in the [bleep] can i get into this external harddrive. Do you think I got a lead painted harddrive, Joking :) .
seriously, Any people know or anyone else had the same problems.

Advertisements

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
You might be mishandling it. Sometimes when you damage your external hard drive it will get stuff in it corrupted, or totally unable to read the disk. Have you dropped it before?

~Kelvin

redline582

redline582

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Just as some advice, next time you are in the market for any kind of HDD i would stay away from Maxtor, everyone i know that owns one has had it go bad on them within at least a year or two and we found that most of them are actually recertified by Maxtor and sold as new. It was obvious when we found that the label was stuck on top of another label that was stuck on top of another label. Each having an older date.