Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

local area connection

• Please log in to reply

Earthling42

Earthling42

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[FONT=Courier]Hi everyone, i would really appriciate any advice or help on my problem. OK here goes..I have had xbox live for awhile now and i use ICS through my computer and local area connection every thing has been fine for two or three months but now my local area connection comes up with `local area connection has limited or no connectivity`. I have tried unplugging all modems,cables and resarting everything but that didnt work. anybody with any ideas on what to try next would be appreciated.

p.s.im not using a wireless connection.

Advertisements

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
quoted from http://www.chicagote...ctionerrors.htm

"This connection has limited or no connectivity. "
"You might not be able to access the Internet or some network resources"
Symptoms: after installed Windows XP SP2 and, you may experience one or any of the following symptoms:

· The network connection is working properly while you receive this message "Limited or No Connectivity".

· The network connection displays above message and you can’t access the network.

· You can’t renew the IP and receive this error: “An error occurred when renewing interface Local Area Connection: Unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out.”

· The ipconfig displays an APIPA address 169.254.x.x address.

· You have trouble connecting to the Internet with the DLS or cable modem.

Resolutions:

1. If your computer is currently connected to the Internet and the LAN without any connection problem, you may want to disable the message "Limited or No Connectivity".

2. If you are using DHCP, verify DHCP server is available on your network and other computers can access it.

3. Download and install the Update for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (KB884020)

4. Check hardware connation and configuration.

5. Check firewall, spyware and winsock settings.
Previous Page Next Page

Timbo

Timbo

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
yeah, that limited or no conectivity is from SP II, uninstall that and it should work fine, had the similar problem. Then i put SP II back on, fiddled around and it works a treat

Comnir

Comnir

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
You can also try: Start-->Run: CMD
write netsh int ip reset out.txt and press enter.