Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Specifications video cards

• Please log in to reply

georgewashington16

georgewashington16

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
I was wondering how I should decide what video card to purchase. I currently have a 7600gt and I was thinking about an 8600gt. There are a few that I have in mind and I was wondering what I should be most concerned about, the Core Clock, the Clock Speed, the Memory Size, or the Memory Interface. Note: The memory types are all GDDR3. One of the cards is $30 more than the other so I am assuming it is $30 faster-am I right or wrong about that?Thank you.

Advertisements

phatjo911

phatjo911

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
I would say to go with the new released 8800 GT ( 512 mb ) These things are clocked at 670, ( you can get one at Newegg.com for $300. Get the one with a core clock of 670 ) With this, you could probably run Crysis on medium or better settings. You should take all of those things into consideration when purchasing a Vid Card. It's not always better if it's more expensive.