Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Counter Strike Lag

• Please log in to reply

Ender Wiggin

Ender Wiggin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've played CSS for about a year now and I don't remember having this problem when I first started playing.
I will be in a server and it takes a while for my ping to drop, but once it does my FPS goes up from about 10-30. I'm almost 100% sure this isn't an internet problem but I don't know how it could be a computer problem either.

Computer:
Graphics card - nVidia 7600gt (I've been told this should easily run coutnerstrike)
1 GB DDRsomething RAM (This should be enough too)
Intel Celeron SINGLE CPU 3.06 ghz
Plug n play monitor

Everybody I've talked to has told me that this computer is alright and should be able to run counterstrike with at least 30 fps. Soooo I'm thinking it must be a software problem. I've tried everything; reinstalling css, got a config, defragged, got rid of unwanted programs, but it still doesn't work!

Please help !!!

Ender

Advertisements