Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant ever install xp!

• Please log in to reply

nic777

nic777

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Ok second harddrive, i get to the 39 minutes screen 1 time and it restarts my pc, then next time i go in it says setup is being restarted and then restarts computer...ive formmated both drives 2 times atleast and installed fresh no luck..its not a virus..what can it be my cd has had no trouble no scratches etc.

Advertisements

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Hi nic777,

Very nice to see you only 13 and working on PC's.

I had this exact problem, only my memory is a bit faded right now... I think it had something to do with slip-streaming SP2 into the XP CD. Also google is quite vague for once, but mostly it's incompatible hardware with Windows XP. Hopefully I haven't spoken in language that you don't understand :)

If you unclear about something, post back and of course like we always do we will see if we can fix it.

nic777

nic777

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Well, i did do quite the slipstream process to a diffrent cd though, this only i bought from microsoft my otherone i had corp and all....harware wise, i have a radeon pci 9600 i thought, got bios set to it and all, and a dsl card which neither should cause problems i though.