Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Tried to clean up some registry errors using PCMightyMax

• Please log in to reply

leroyd

leroyd

• Pip
  • 1 posts
1) I can only load Windows Safe Mode and Windows Safe Mode with a Command Prompt.
2) If I try to boot into Windows Safe Mode with Networking or Windows Normal Mode, I get the 0x80070002 error message
3) If I try to boot from the Windows XP Professional Disk (A Copy) I get the 0x80070002 error message.
4) I use to get a task bar at the bottom of the Windows Safe Mode Screen if I chose No when asked if I want to proceed in Safe Mode or return to a previous state. Now I no longer get a task bar. I can get a Tool Bar with a Start Button if I reght click and choose Desk Top, at least that's how it's performing right now.
5) How would I find out if WinTools is installed on my computer?
6) Somehow, I've either got to do a "Repair Install" or undo this mess some other way.
7) Explanation of why my XP Disk is a copy: My laptop installation is part of a $4,000.00 Corporate License issued to a Television News company in Tijuana, B.C., Mexico that I work for in addition to my regular job as a Freight Broker and I'm setting here in Cypress, California trying to make repairs to the damage caused by running PCMightyMax, to clean up the registry errors on my computer.

Need help bad.... :) :)

Advertisements

Gravity Gripp

Gravity Gripp

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,815 posts
Well, first let me welcome you to the forums. We'll see if we can get this mess straightened out.

The first thing I'd like for you to try is a System Restore. While under safe mode, go to the start menu, All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore.

When that window opens, click "Restore my computer to an earlier time" and then click next. Then select a date prior to the point where you ran the registry tool and click next. At this point the restore will start and when it is finished your computer will reboot, hopefully logging you into your once again working computer :)

Let me know how that goes.