Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to find Windows XP Password

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

computerdude1985

computerdude1985

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Okay, I think my dad accidentally changed his password without knowing, and now when his computer starts up, and the login pop up screen it appears, it won't let him login. I have no idea what the password is either. Our computers are networked. I'm so confused. If he doesn't have the password he can't access his account. I was hoping there was some way to recover his password. Any help would be very much appreciated thank you.

Advertisements

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
http://loginrecovery.com/

Try it, I think it'll work. Also, upload using the free one, not the paid one, if you want.

~Kelvin

computerdude1985

computerdude1985

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

http://loginrecovery.com/

Try it, I think it'll work. Also, upload using the free one, not the paid one, if you want.

~Kelvin

Thanks so much! But I'm so confused, what exactly do I do. I don't have a floppy, but I can burn it to cd. I saw that that was an option. I'm so confused though.

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Download the file (floppy or CD version) onto your computer, then put it in your dad's computer and boot up. There's the instructions on that site.

~Kelvin

computerdude1985

computerdude1985

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I just did this, and thanks so much! They said they are processing the password right now. I can't thank you enough. :)

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
No problems. Love to help. Any other problems? :)

Nah, just kidding. Though, if you really do encounter any more problems, feel free to leave a topic in the forums.

Till then, good luck on waiting for the password to arrive. Have a good day!

~Kelvin

computerdude1985

computerdude1985

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I tried to submit my code 2 times, and they failed both times. Is there any other methods out there I can try?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well....unfortunately you've already gotten a little help here...however.....we don't know if you're really wanting to recover your dad's password because he lost it....or if your dad finally wisened up and set a password and you just want to get into his account...we're not going to be able to help you any more with recovering any passwords since we can't verify your intent.

If you have any problems with this please PM a moderator or an admin