Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

motherboard nightmares

• Please log in to reply

doctorglazz

doctorglazz

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hi new to this site as a novice system builder!!!
the forums are really usefull thanks.
ive "aquired"a couple of pentium four mobos,one of them is really phasing me.its an IMPERIAL g 20030106 ...i cant find the PW/SW connector just aDC/SW is this it ?..dont want to cook the thing anyone any idea ive tried and failed to find a website for support.
PS financial constraints dictate that if it dousnt come from the dump it wont go in my machine.is that an environmental concience by default..HA HA

Advertisements

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Hi, and welcome to Geeks 2 Go!!!

Interesting how they name their models. Ok can you take a picture of the mobo of where the connectors are? Because I can't find a link to the mobo anywhere.

Soorena

doctorglazz

doctorglazz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
no camera ! :) any way i found out the manufacturer is trigem probably fitted to an e machines branded pc sorry thats the onlyother info i can glean off t'internet

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I just happen to have a E-machine T2642 computer here that died. Yes, they do use the Imperial MB's and there is only one power switch on them. No reset switch and just 3 pairs of wires coming from the front panel on mine. power switch, LED power light and LED HD light. So i think you will be ok to plug a front power switch to the pins you call DC/SW.

Unfortunately these MB's are not known for reliabilityand i have taken 4 of these e-machine computer and rebuilt them with better power supplys and newer, better motherboards. Only thing that really good on them is they have good, strong, nice sized cases. I toss everything else out when i rebuild them( including the MB).

SRX660

doctorglazz

doctorglazz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thank you for that.no harm in trying it then as it cost nowt.ijust didnt want to harm the processor as i know thats ok.
we are playing catch up in yorkshire when it comes to computers just try asking someone for their system disc when they run it into the ground without any anti virus or malware prog on :) .still at least there are plenty of free bits about thrown away....thanks again