Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i need help with a finding a video driver

• Please log in to reply

nabisco

nabisco

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i really dont know computers so if this is the wrong fourm tell me

i had got a used older laptop from a friend and every thing was acting kinda goofy so we wiped it clean and reinstalled windows 98{all it can hold} i couldn't find the file to download the video driver or at least a better video driver for it, all, it needs one bad i can bearly read what is on the screen

thanks guys/ gals

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You're going to need to supply some information before anyone can help. But you may be able to find the drivers yourself. Just go to the machine maker's website, choose drivers and downloads, or whatever heading they have drivers under, plug in your model number or service/serial number and go to the page.

nabisco

nabisco

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

You're going to need to supply some information before anyone can help. But you may be able to find the drivers yourself. Just go to the machine maker's website, choose drivers and downloads, or whatever heading they have drivers under, plug in your model number or service/serial number and go to the page.

ok i went into control panel, select System, then Device Manager, scroll down but didn't see video adapter i saw display adapter so i click it and saw standard pci graphics adapter i guess this is what i was looking for but it said it is working fine so i guess i need a updated driver because the picture quality is not good at all, be for we wiped the old system it had great picture so what do i do or where do i go to get a updated version that will work for my system i know i just cant use any one,

this is what i have
micron electronics
go book 2
it has windows 98 and a Pentium 2 if you need so more info tell me and i will get it

i did some looking and i found this forum and looks like somebody can possibly help

thanks

Edited by nabisco, 13 December 2007 - 08:14 PM.

peter99

peter99

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
This is the company web site no 98 drivers there I could find

http://support.mpcco...lehub.asp?ID=87

this is the driver you need from here you can chose from 98 or 98SE

NeoMagic 128/XD video drivers for the Micron GoBook

http://www.video-dri...7...p;bng=7&o=3

nabisco

nabisco

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks

Edited by nabisco, 15 December 2007 - 04:34 PM.