Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

labtops issues

• Please log in to reply

dbz4life

dbz4life

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi everyone this is my first time on this site i was hoping to get some input and possibly some solutions as to what is exactly wrong with my labtop
Now its pretty hard to explain but i will try to the best of my abilities...

So i have an acer aspire 3000 labtop and about a couple months ago it started to exibit some
problems. problems like my mouse buttons were reversed (in a way),the left button key was
acting like my right button key but when i click on my right button key nothing happens.

also i noticed (now i don't know whether it is common or not for labtops) that my labtop
gets extremely hot and when that happens its like the mouse starts clicking on the screen
(without me even touching a thing). and because my left button key is acting like my right
button key i can see everytime when it is clicking the screen.

now i have never seen anything like this before and i am hoping that any of you guys have
any thoughts as to what maybe wrong with my labtop....thanks

Advertisements

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Go to Control Panel.
Select Printers and Other Hardware > Mouse.
If you are in the Classic Mode, select Mouse directly from the CP.
Look at the Button Selection part.
Make sure the 'Swap left and right button functions on the USB Mouse' box is NOT checked.
Also, make sure that the Left Click dropdown bar and Right Click dropdown bar is set to:
Left Click: Click
Right Click: Shortcut Menu

I hope that solves your problem.

About the random clicking without your input thing, I'm not sure, but it might be something malfunctioning in your computer. Try sending it back to the shop you bought it from.

P.S.: Might be a malware infection if none of the above steps work.. Nothing can move your touchpad without a finger. Please visit this topic. If the steps do not work, then post a log HERE.

~Kelvin

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Laptops can get very hot, and when that happens they can begin to malfunction. For about $20 you can get a Laptop Cooling Pad that will be very helpful in keeping the temperature down. Almost everywhere they have 'computer stuff.'

dbz4life

dbz4life

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi everyone this is my first time on this site i was hoping to get some input and possibly some solutions as to what is exactly wrong with my labtop
Now its pretty hard to explain but i will try to the best of my abilities...

So i have an acer aspire 3000 labtop and about a couple months ago it started to exibit some
problems. problems like my mouse buttons were reversed (in a way),the left button key was
acting like my right button key but when i click on my right button key nothing happens.

also i noticed (now i don't know whether it is common or not for labtops) that my labtop
gets extremely hot and when that happens its like the mouse starts clicking on the screen
(without me even touching a thing). and because my left button key is acting like my right
button key i can see everytime when it is clicking the screen.

now i have never seen anything like this before and i am hoping that any of you guys have
any thoughts as to what maybe wrong with my labtop....thanks

the mouse button key selection in control panel was the first thing i checked when my labtop started acting weird and it wasn't the problem.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
If the computer is extremely hot, as you say, this must be checked. Please download Everest ftom my list of programs below. Install and run it. Click Computer and then Sensor. Wait for the data to show up. Let your antivirus scan or about 10 minutes and report temperatures and voltages.

Also, open Task Manager, go to processes and report the cpu usage of Idle System Processes. This should be done when the computer is idle (no antivirus, scan, no updates of any sort).