Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to Install application

• Please log in to reply

diesel_74

diesel_74

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

i've had 2 operationa application software for creative soundblaster audigy and creative soundblaster live. they were in the same directory. i uninstalled sb live and i clicked on yes when asked to delete files that may be shared with other applications. after reboot, the soft for audigy didn't work, so i tried to unistall it from control panel but the uninstall didn't work. I've deleted all the registry key matching creative, and creative folder from program files. i tryed a clean install but didn't work. it seems is not completly uninstalled and the installation cd doesn't copy all the files.

is it a step that i'm missing when i try to manually uninstall?

that's what i did:

delete C:\Program Files\Creative

delete entry in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CREATIVE_TECH

and

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\CREATIVE_TECH

then i've dine a reboot and i tried to install the software....it went fine, but the application doesn't start....

Advertisements

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
It might be because you didn't clean ALL of the software.

1.) C:\Documents And Settings\<your user>\Application Data\Creative

Delete that folder.

2.) Download CCleaner.

After uninstalling both, select Registry tab from left side tabs.

Select Scan for issues.

After the scan has finished, select Fix Selected Issues. A popup window will appear.

Select Fix All Selected Issues.

Now, reboot and reinstall.

That should help.

EDIT: If you can't see Application Data in your user folder, enable hidden files and folders, or just copy the whole directory from my post.

~Kelvin

Edited by Kelvin, 13 December 2007 - 11:47 PM.