Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

best harddrive for laptop and cheapest place to purchase?

• Please log in to reply

justinhess

justinhess

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
any advice on this one?i have an averatec that needs a new harddrive...thanks

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
That's a fairly tough question justin. I would hardly class it as a problem though, which is why this forum exists. Where you buy it from depends largely on which country you live in, and we've no idea where that is. It doesn't have to be a particualer brand, any brand of 2.5-inch hard disk will fit a laptop, though I would avoid buying 'Maxtor' ones as they seem to have a higher failure rate than those made by Seagate, Western Digital or Samsung in my experience, backed up by what I've read on various forums.

Edited by pip22, 14 December 2007 - 02:39 PM.

Damien Kane

Damien Kane

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
I concur and never recommend Maxtor. I've placed my trust in Western Digital and it's never let me down whereas Maxtor has.

justinhess

justinhess

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
i just saw 'hardware' forum,didnt realize it was problems only?thought it was for general info and support.thanks either way.i picked one up,andits a wd i believe thankfully.works nice so far