Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nectar Site Problems - Anyone Experienced The Same?

• Please log in to reply

LOZ1

LOZ1

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Apologies this is not an actual pc problem but a site problem for which the site managers seem unwilling to help.

Imagine how excited I was when I realised that the Sainsburys Nectar card can be used at hundreds of online stores to gain points.

I spend an absolute fortune online, particularly on sites like EBay

Except when I try to use the site I am ok up until I get to the button that you click for online shopping. It is meant to direct you to the actual site (ebay for example)

But the window that opens states 'error please try again later or start again'

I have been trying up to 20 odd times every night!!

I used the online help site last night and the guy was worse than useless. He said nothing other than the site was working his end and it must be an error on my pc but didn't want to even suggest what it could be or how I could look to fix it - actually he was almost quite rude - so much their customer service then!

Does anyone here use this site regularly??

Anyone experienced this problem - and how did you resolve it? I want to get xmas shopping!

Thanks all :)

Advertisements

Damien Kane

Damien Kane

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
I'll be honest and say I don't know, but I can say that different browers affect your internet experience.

I use Firefox and certain sites won't let me connect, for example, when I use BitDefender online scan, I can't use Firefox - I have to use Internet Explorer.

I don't know if it'll help, but have you tried using a different internet browser (internet explorer, firefox, netscape, opera)?

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
eBay? I do remember that when you enter a dead link it'll have a page pop up saying the page doesn't exist or something. Can you elaborate further on the problem, not their customer support? Thanks.

~Kelvin

LOZ1

LOZ1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi, thanks for trying to help

The Nectar site will not allow me to enter any of the shops featured.

The site is ok up until the point you reach the big yellow button that states 'GO SHOPPING' and should open the window and link you to the shop be it Ebay, Amazon, La Senza etc etc.

Once I click this button a new window opens. At the bottom left of the page I see the message 'error on page'

On the new window the message states 'error please try later or start again' instead of opening to the shop site

I have updated my Explorer Browser but this has not helped.

Don't know what to try

Any ideas?

Thanks

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
It sounds like the site's redirecting links aren't working. Which means there is something wrong with the website, not you. I'm not sure on how to fix this, but I think you'll have to submit a query to the customer support.

Though, I went to check the site but unfortunately I don't have a Nectar card :) I don't live in the US or UK..

~Kelvin