Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows has detected spyware infection.... this operation has been dis

• Please log in to reply

Uno1982

Uno1982

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am currently running ESET online scanner and it has found an enormous amount of threats.... after this finishes i will run hijack and post the log... any help with this would be greatly appreciated.... I've encountered situations like this before and was able to get around the admin restrictions via regedit however the permissions seem to still have me listed as admin and are checked for full

UPDATE!! I just tried to run regedit from start run and it tells me that the file cannot be found... running search all files and folders to see if i can locate it manually .... this seems very bad .... someone please respond

thanks,
Jason

Advertisements

racenutalways

racenutalways

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,675 posts
Hello jason and welcome to G2G. You mentioned that you were gonna post a Hijackthis log, can't help you without it. Please post it and I can get started on suggesting a fix. :)