Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Selling Price

• Please log in to reply

Anton1382

Anton1382

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
I have a laptop that I am looking to sell. I don't know how much to sell it for so I am looking for input.
These are the specs.

Dell Inspiron E1705
Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Centrino Duo @ 2GHz
100GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
2GB DDR2 @ 677MHz
nVidia GeForce Go 7800 with 256MB Graphics memory
17" Glossy, High Resolution Widescreen with TrueLife Technology
Sigmatel High Definition Audio
2 Speakers and 1 subwoofer
2 9-Cell Batteries
Targus Platinum Deluxe Laptop Case
Charger

Price I paid= $2800

Advertisements

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
How long have you had and used it? Cause usually you subtract 20% from it but if its newer less.

Soorena

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Do you have a local "trading post" newspaper or similar? I would research the market, because there's no point in selling something at a price no-one's buying...

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Well comparing that to todays deals at Futureshop and Bestbuy, you have to pay almost $1100 for a good video card, hard drive, cpu and 17" display. Now yours has a better video card and high resolution while the Hard Drive is not that great. I would price it under $2000. Also I was wondering if this is Core 2 Duo or Core Duo which is the cheap half cache brother of C2D.

Soorena

Edited by SOORENA, 16 December 2007 - 03:07 PM.

turn 5

turn 5

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
I would Reformat the Hard disk and put fresh copy of Windows on it.

This way everything is like new.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
http://www.bestbuy.c...2#productdetail
This'll give you an idea, everything is equal or better then your laptop, going at a price of 1450$.
To be honest, I have seen laptops similar to yours going at a price of 1000 or less, and cause it's used I normally knock off an additional 15%.
I'd hold on to it as your not going to get a decent price for what you paid for in the past, unless you find someone that knows little about computers.
James