Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i am desperatly in need of help

• Please log in to reply

ss4gogeta0

ss4gogeta0

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Heres whats wrong. My desktop is full of .lnk files that dont work anymore except text files O.o, Internet explorer wont work so i am forced to use my BYOND 3.5 browser as a way to get on the internet, start menu icons wont work unless its the run program,only way i can open files is by running C: on the run program and i can only open certain things, System restore refuses to work, McAfee wont work, CD's auto eject when i put them it, something keeps trying to delete stuff, Nothing will download. and i cant wipe the computer because i got important files on there.
is it a trojan, virus, malware, worm,
please tell me

Edited by ss4gogeta0, 15 December 2007 - 05:37 PM.

Advertisements

annabackwards

annabackwards

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
You seem like you have a large malware problem.

Please click here and follow all steps that you have not already completed.

Do not alter your computer before you receive a reply for the HijackThis Log. This is because fixes will be based on the information you supply when you made the log.

Also be patient, as there are only a limited number of helpers and a large demand.

Good luck :)

Edited by annabackwards, 15 December 2007 - 05:39 PM.

ss4gogeta0

ss4gogeta0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
ok i read it

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Please re-read and perform step five in the link given to you by annabackwards. This involves posting a HijackThis log in the malware removal forum. That is the place where you will be able to find out what kind of things are on your computer and also be guided through the removal process.

Regards,

Ax

ss4gogeta0

ss4gogeta0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
i do not have hijack this and i cant download anything

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
Hi ss4gogeta0

Have you tried booting into safe mode and opening something? This is usually done by pressing the F8 key right before the system wants to load Windows. That way you could try getting onto the internet and downloading HJT.

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
To add to Adrenalin's suggestion, you'll need to select Safe Mode with Networking to get online in safe mode.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello ss4gogeta0...

Please keep in mind that if you use Safe Mode with networking your security software may not be running.

See if you can download the attached zip file and save it to your desktop. If you succeed at that, right click on it and choose "Extract All" and extract the file to your desktop. Double click on the extracted file and accept the change when prompted. You may have to reboot for this to take effect. This should help with the .lnk association issue. Then try to continue with annabackwards' suggestion.

Attached File  linkfile_fix.zip   885bytes   72 downloads

wannabe1

ss4gogeta0

ss4gogeta0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
ok thank you anyway about the CD auto eject and start menu not working

ss4gogeta0

ss4gogeta0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
worked for a couple of days the nothing :)

ss4gogeta0

ss4gogeta0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
ok i downloaded it as a zip file now heres the log
http://www.sendspace.com/file/21f1i4
<a href='http://www.sendspace.com/file/21f1i4'>http://www.sendspace.com/file/21f1i4</a>

ss4gogeta0

ss4gogeta0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
???????? hello anyone

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Your machine is infected, ss4gogeta0. You need to copy the HiJackThis log for your machine and paste it in a new topic HERE along with a short description of the problems you've been having.