Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error: GET request - London Perl Mongers

• Please log in to reply

Learnatic

Learnatic

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
G'day All,
I am attempting to send a message to the ABC Broadcasting in Australia using their form. (This is just writing in a box as we do for eBay or other companies).

Here's a 'Copy and Paste' of what appears and I am completely flummoxed again ( as usual) with the mystery words and terms.
Can You Help?
(The name of the program I was attempting to mail to is a show called "Can We Help" - http://www.abc.net.a...ehelp/contact/)

Cheers All,
Max.

Error: GET request

The HTML form fails to specify the POST method, so it would not be correct for this script to take any action in response to your request.

If you are attempting to configure this form to run with FormMail, you need to set the request method to POST in the opening form tag, like this: <form action="/cgi-bin/FormMail.pl" method="post">

FormMail © 2001-2003 London Perl Mongers

Edited by Learnatic, 16 December 2007 - 04:50 PM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Probably an error in their website construction or on that particular page. Only they can fix that if that's the case. See if there's a contact email address to notify them directly about it without using the faulty web-form.

Learnatic

Learnatic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Okiedokie, and thanks Pip ... will contact them tomorrow and let this site know how I get on.
It certainly is humourous that I need to contact the ABC for help in contacting their show "Can We Help" .. :-)
Cheers,
Max.

Learnatic

Learnatic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Thanks Pip,
and others.
I appears I had to wait a few days and 'voila', function functioned.

Saved me pulling my pootie to bits.
Cheers' all for the New Year.
Max.