Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dual BIOS, idiot free?

• Please log in to reply

callard

callard

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi,

As posted recently I'm trying to overclock my Intel Q6600 on a Gigabyte GA-X38-DS5 everytime I over clock it it wont boot up again resulting in having to clear the CMOS. So I was thinking I might as well try a BIOS update, now I know it's risky so I wanted to know if having two BIOS's "Dual BIOS" will save me if say the power goes off durin the update or something...

Anyone know?

Cheers all :)

Edited by callard, 17 December 2007 - 01:36 PM.

Advertisements

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
According to this it should save you if the first BIOS is damaged.

Edited by 98springer, 18 December 2007 - 08:46 PM.

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Hi, just want to ask something. When your overclock fail, did you try to reset cmos by shorting the jumper or just wait the pc to reboot itselffor a few attemps (probably 5-6 failed attemps) until it boot normally at default clock? (not default voltage though)