Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Elitetoolbar removal tool

• Please log in to reply

pilaar39

pilaar39

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I am trying to assist my daughter remotely, who has this malware, so it is rather difficult to do.

There are many references in this forum to running elitetoolbar removal v11b (actually, there is a later verison 112 I believe), and we have been trying to run, but it keeps failing to run.. this is the error message text she is getting:

C:\_Source files\ETRemoverV11B>del C:\*.tmp
Could not find C:\*.tmp.

C:\_Source files|ETRemoverV11B>del C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp*.tmp/f

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\~DFCB5C.tmp
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

C:\_Source files\ETRemoverV11B>del C:\WINNT\prefectch\*.*

C:\WINNT\prefetch\*.*, Are you sure? (y/n)

(In a separate dialog box:)

C:\WINNT\System32\command.com

C:\WINNT\System32\AUTOEXEC.NT.

The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications, choose ‘close’ to terminate the application.

Close Ignore

Anyway, we tried running it in safe mode, but normal and command line.. both failed the same way.

Has anyone has any success in running this on an XP system?

Maybe the virus has adapted to v11B, and I need to run v122? I think 112 was just released yesterday.

There is a single user comment on http://www.softpedia...r-Remover.shtml that echos my sentiments on this program.. although he seems to be experiencing a different problem running it under XP

Advertisements