Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win XP Home Svc PK 2 BSOD 0X000000F4

• Please log in to reply

JMPorter

JMPorter

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a Dell inspiron 6000. It only does the bsod when I'm out of the room. It also says something about critcal thread processes and also gives the error codes 0X00000003,0X8233C380,0X8233C4F4, 0X805C749A. This is all greek to me but maybe it will ring a bell for someone else. Hope so anyway!

Edited by JMPorter, 18 December 2007 - 09:45 AM.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Could be bad memory (ram) or could be caused by malware. Best to make sure your system is free of malware before pursuing any other path.

Read through this area:
Malware Removal Guides and Tutorials

Post HJT here:
Malware Removal - HijackThis™ Logs Go Here

Once you have a clean bill of health, come back here is necessary and we can work on your problems.

JMPorter

JMPorter

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for your response! I have totally formatted the hard drive and the only programs that are on the laptop are Windows and the Microsoft updates. Could there be malware within the updates? It crashed again and this time the error codes where as follows;

Kernel_Data_Inpage_error

Atapi.Sys - Address F9364CA8 base at F9355000 Datestamp 41107B4D

Stop 0X0000007A (0XC07C9B20, 0XC0000185,0XF9364CA8, 0X0C256860)

It had 2 Samsung 256 meg sticks of PC2 3200S Memory in it. I took the second stick out and it ran for over 24 hours before it blue screened again. Could it be the other stick of memory or maybe both sticks have gone bad?

Please respond!

Thanks Again,
Jack :)

JMPorter

JMPorter

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Update! I replaced the memory today and it wasn't even an hour before it BSOD again. This time the error codes were as follows;

Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Stop 0X00000001 (0X890000E3, 0X00000002,0X00000000, 0XAAF1407E)

TCPIP.SYS- Adress AAF1407E base at AAF0D0000, Datestamp 444775DE

Is there any hope for this system?? :)

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
What type of internet connection do you have? Dialup, DSL, high speed?

This error is dealing with your method of connection.

Try the following:

Try this first: Start-->Run-->cmd then click OK

...this will put you in the command prompt, type the following command:

netsh int ip reset c:\reset_tcpip.txt

reboot and see if the blue screen continues.

If you still have problems:

Is this on a service pack 2 XP computer? Installing or reinstalling SP2 should get you a new tcpip.sys. SP1 would probably do it too

JMPorter

JMPorter

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the suggestion! I typed in that command line and then rebooted, we'll see what happens. I am using high speed to connect to the internet. And yes this is Win XP Home with Svc Pk 2. Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated! Once again...Thanks!

Jack :)

Edited by JMPorter, 19 December 2007 - 08:41 PM.