Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Sound After Reformat

• Please log in to reply

Rahena

Rahena

• Pip
  • 1 posts
After reformatting my computer with Windows XP I have no sound. My default audio device is SB Audigy Audio and Windows says everything is fine.

It's not just sound either when I connect my speakers to the computer, the speakers work fine I tested them, there is no fuzzy background noise that if you lean close you can hear even when there is no audio playing.

I'm not sure if that means that my computer might have gotten damaged when I transported it from my house to my friends to work on reformatting it. Any possible reasons this could be happening and solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If your sound device is not listed by name (ie Soundblaster xxx) in Device Mnager and there's a red or yellow symbol there with "Unknown Device", then the Soundblaster driver is not installed. Install this from the CD supplied with your SoundBlaster sound-card or please supply us with more system info by running 'Belarc Advisor' from here: http://www.belarc.co...e_download.html