Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Applications preferences to all users

• Please log in to reply

fstech

fstech

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I've got a bit of a problem here. I'm trying to get application preferences for programs such as Quicktime, Open Office, and others to be applied to all users who will log on to this computer. I copied all application preferences from the account I installed on to the all users and default user folders on the local machine. Then I logged in as another user and opened up a program that relies on Quicktime. I found out that I had to set the preferences for that account, meaning my idea of copying the data to the all users group didn't work. Is there anyone aware of a program or way to make application preferences set up on a local machine stick no matter who logs on to a computer? Some of my users are 2nd graders who I'd rather not have messing around preference options. Also, I'd rather not have to copy these files to each individual profile on the server because that means I'd have to do it 500+ times instead of 31 times.

Thanks!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
A lot of programs work on a per-account basis so far as settings and what not go. This is just the way the programs have been written.